Common Signs Of Water Damage
Water found inside your Panama City home can be a very destructive force. It is highly recommended that you contact a professional water damage restoration company, like Daystar Cleaning, as soon as you discover water so that the damages can be mitigated. The problem with a water disaster though, is that it may not always be as obvious as a flooded room. In fact, here are some of the most common signs that may indicate that there is water damage going unnoticed in your home.
Water Damage In Panama City
- Strong, unpleasant odors. Hidden residual water that is allowed to become stagnant over time foster mold and bacterial growth. This mold growth produces a musty, earthy smell that is very strong and does not go away. Any time a strong odor becomes present, it is a strong indicator that there is unseen water damage in the area.
- Signs of mold growth. Mold spores are microscopic and cannot be seen by the naked eye. However, when mold begins to grow on surfaces following exposure to moisture, it will begin to become visible. Discolored spots along floorboards, on ceilings and walls, under cabinets, in the kitchen or bathroom, or really anywhere in the home, could be mold growth. Mold is often a fuzzy appearance, and can be different shades of green, brown, black, and even white. If you notice suspicious discolored areas in your home, have them inspected for mold growth. Since mold requires water to grow, if mold is growing there must be a source of water.
- Stains on ceiling and walls. When water leaks behind drywall, and seeps into walls and ceilings, it will manifest in a stain or blotch. Often brownish in color, water stains may change color as they dry and become wet again. Water stains may also grow larger as more and more water penetrates the area.
- Changes in ceilings, walls, and floors. As materials that make the walls, ceiling, and floors in our home become saturated with water, they will begin to swell. This added weight might cause ceiling to sag, walls to bow, and floors to warp. Deformities and buckling in these structures are signs that there is extensive damage and it needs to be addressed immediately to avoid collapse.
- Peeling and bubbling paint. Hidden damage will cause paint to begin to bubble up and peel off of walls. When drywall becomes saturated, it causes paint to lose adhesion.
It is so important to be aware of the signs of water damage, and to act quickly if you find a leak or a flood has occurred. By contacting the professionals at Daystar at the first sign of water damage, you can rest assured that your home will be in the best care possible. We are available 24/7 and can respond immediately to assess the damage and start the extraction and drying process right away. With our experience and drying equipment, we will do our best to save carpet padding, drywall, and even hardwood flooring. We know what it takes to get your property back to pre-loss condition and we will do it as quickly as possible. So do not ignore the signs and do not waste any time calling Daystar Cleaning for help.